I love small easy snacks that I can freeze and take to work. I often make up cake, muffins or biscuit dough that I can either pull out of the freezer in the morning and take to work, or defrost a stick of dough and bake up biscuits (cookies) at a moment’s notice for morning teas.
I like these muffins because they were easy, less than 100 calories (about 93 depending on your berry) and not disgustingly unhealthy. You could easily use a sugar replacement if you don’t use sugar, and could very easily use gluten free oats to make this gluten free.
In the reflection, you could almost imagine twice as many noms…
2.5 cups oats
.5 cup sweetener (I use sugar)
1.5 tsp baking powder
.5 tsp baking soda
1.5 cups berries (+.5 cup optional extra for the tops of muffins)
1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven (400 F) and prep muffin liners (I used foil liners without the paper so they didn’t stick. I use the paper liners to separate raw goodies, like raw brownies).
- Buzz your oats in a food processor until they’re powdery. Add all over ingredients except berries and blend until smooth.
- Stir in berries. Fill muffin trays (I made 12 small muffins).
- Top with extra berries (optional). Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Serve on their own, hot or cold, possibly with yoghurt.